Saturday, December 19, 2009

I dropped my pressed powder compact and now its cracked and broken up. How can I fix it?

It is a pressed powder that I brought from Mac, so as you all know it's a little pricey on a college student's budget. So I was hoping there was a way to congeal it back together again to get full use out of it. Any ideas would certainly be appreciated!I dropped my pressed powder compact and now its cracked and broken up. How can I fix it?
There is a way! It worked for me! Just put all the pieces back on the plastic thingy and get a small spoon from the kitchen. Start pressing the loose powder and the pieces but not to hard because if you do it too hard they will crack again. Just have a lot of patience and use the tip of the spoon, the smallest part you can use. Dont try to fix it by dragging the bottom of the spoon on the powder, it will mess everything up. Put special effort on the sides, because there there must not be empty spaces because they will ruin the rest. I dropped them today and my friend told me to do thta, it took me like 1 hour but it was totally worth it! Good luck:)I dropped my pressed powder compact and now its cracked and broken up. How can I fix it?
I've done this too and I don't believe there is any way to ';fix it';, but I would just use it as it is.





You may not be able to put it in your purse, as the powder will float around in the case, but it's still usable. :)





I, actually carry one compact WITH me in my purse with my ';take along'; makeup, and have a second one with my makeup that I keep at home so I don't have to keep going to my purse each morning when I need to use it.





I hope this helps...
the only way is to find a small compact container and put all of it inside there
Make them powder...and use with blush.
I broke my compact once, I took all the pieces and crush them until fine, and used as loose powder. Or you can leave it as it is and use with a large brush since it can be a little difficult to use it with sponges.
I would dump the remaining pieces into a small container...you can then use it with a brush.
what i do when that happens to me is dump it in a plastic ziplock bag and use a blush brush to apply it. ;)
I don't think you can put it back together. That item was made using a machine that packs in the powder under high pressure. You can find a travel powder brush that has a cap, swirl the brush in the powder, replace the cap, and it's ready to go. Good luck!
Hmmm, I read in a magazine once that crushing the powder into powder and then mixing it with a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol and letting it dry will put it back together like new. But the article was about how to get every bit of use out of your makeup, so it was for pressed powder that is pretty much at the end of its use. So I don't know if you want to risk trying it on a new compact.
  • bowel cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment