Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mineral makeup vs using powder from compact?

I'm wondering whether using mineral makeup, .e.g. from bare escentuals as a light cover-up or to blot shine is any different in terms of coverage from using my makeup brush and applying lightly from my powder compact?





Other than the ingredients and price, does anyone have any advice on whether there's any great difference? I don't normally use foundation as liquid ones feel too heavy and brushing on (with foundation brush, not big blush/kabuki brush) feels heavy also.





I've got fair-beige, light skin with a mixture of yellow and red undertones, I brush foundation mainly to counter redness on my cheeks and if I know I'm going to be in the sun a lot, so buying foundation in most forms except for tinted moisturers is a bit of a money-waster.





And, for those who have used mineral makeup, which brands would you recommend and why?





Thank you :)Mineral makeup vs using powder from compact?
You and I had the same idea!


I use Bare Minerals and have for almost two years now. The minerals blend and cover so much better than any compact I've ever owned. You choose how much coverage you want and the makeup blends flawlesslywith your skin and it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything at all. Most people think I don't wear base or barely any makeup at all. They think I just have really good skin. Also it won't break you out if you forget to wash it off before bed.Mineral makeup vs using powder from compact?
I've been using bare minerals and it works really well. It covers everything and makes your face looks really natural after putting it on. Plus it takes only 10-15 mins to do your makeup! So much easier than foundation which looks cakey..
I like the coverage due to not liking foundation make up- hate it!





BUT I have oily skin and don't see a blotting or shine control difference between the mineral stuff or store bought powders. Wish they could sell something that really worked for that.
I use bare essentuals and love it. I never used liquid foundation either because i broke out from it. AS for the difference with a compact. I find I have less oil also. With bare essentuals. You don't' use just one application of one particular powder. There are at least three steps. It also provides UV protection. I have found using the bare essentuals right it takes yrs off me :) Best of luck ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment