Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is it necessary for me to apply a compact powder after i apply a foundation on my face?

No, it’s not. Actually, after the foundation, you can use loose powder to “set” the makeup so it will last longer. The compact is basically for touch ups during the day.Is it necessary for me to apply a compact powder after i apply a foundation on my face?
if you use a liquid foundation or a tinted moisturizer people generally apply powder just to set the liquid in place so when you start to sweat, the liquid foundation won't start to melt %26amp; slide all over your face.Is it necessary for me to apply a compact powder after i apply a foundation on my face?
Nope...only if you want to. I like to, because I think it makes my face look more ';finished';. But some people don't like the cakey look...so its totally personal.
no .....powder can be a very heavy look..and too matte..


keep it natural...dewy %26amp; fresh....
No it's not a necessity but it will ';set'; your foundation which will keep the foundation on you face longer.
I think that you can just to smooth out the look and I know. I always thought that I would never wear that much makeup. but it makes the look come together just use a powder brush,
What kind of foundation do you use? I use a stick - Maybelline 3-1. As others have said, the powder ';sets'; the foundation. I couldn't imagine not using the powder w/the stick - I think the stick w/o the powder would get too shiney. Stop at a good make-up counter at the mall and ask.
Not really if the foundation is adequate. Try translucent loose powder.
Some people like to because they think it ';sets'; the make-up and gives a more finished look. Personally, I don't like clogging my pores and wearing more make-up than I have to. I don't apply powder after applying foundation, and my skin always has a nice natural, healthy look to it. You may want to consider using a powder for evening wear or special occasions, (I did apply powder to my foundation on my wedding day) but for daytime wear, I prefer to look a little more natural and less made-up, (especially in the summertime when you don't want to wear alot of heavy make-up - at least I don't) but that's just me. Hope this helps.
no! if your applying both it means you need to change foundation something that last longer
What Caroline said is EXACTLY true! Since a liquid foundation is wet, the LOOSE powder sets the liquid so it stays all day. A compact powder is for touchups IF you get shiny during the day. I apply makeup for weddings so I know how to make the makeup last. HTH.
i have learned if you put on powder after foundation then it will not stay on as long as it would without it!!!!
It is not necessary, but it helps give that smooth look.


Try using a cream to powder foundation. This way you get two in one, without spending double.
  • bowel cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment