Saturday, December 19, 2009

Which mac powder compact is the best for my skin?

dry skin, some acne scars, skin gets oily during day so make up looks like liquidy and it goes into my fine lines...which mac make up will be best for this?Which mac powder compact is the best for my skin?
I am a makeup artist, and I work for Mac.





I would not suggest using a powder if you skin is dry. However, if your skin gets oily during the day, then you do not have dry skin, but COMBINATION skin.





I would use a primer before applying foundation to help it stay put.





The best foundation for combination skin is Studio Fix Fluid or Powder. They liquid version goes on smooth and blends nicely, and it feels good on the skin. It has medium plus coverage, and helps keep skin matte throughout the day. The powder version can be used alone, or set overtop of SFF. It's a soft, highly pigmented matte powder. But if you have dry skin, it will stick to flakes.





I have been using Studio Sculpt since it came out. It's a gel formula that goes on smooth and blends effortlessly, and feels hydrating. It's medium plus coverage. The shades are a little off on this line, but once you get matched correctly, you may just fall in love with it. I know I have!





Hope this helps! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment