Saturday, December 19, 2009

My skin gets shiny after I apply foundation and compact powder...What makeup would work best?

I have very oily skin and I know from years of experience that there isn't really any makeup that can hold back oil by itself. There are lots of good makeup brands out there, but for people with seriously oily skin (like you and me), even the best makeup in the world won't help. We need to do something else.





Several years ago I read the book ';The Beauty Bible'; by Paula Begoun which included a neat tip. Apparently Milk of Magnesia (the stuff for upset stomachs and constipation) can absorb oil, because it's basically just liquid magnesium.





So this is what I do. Every morning before I put on my makeup, I use a cotton ball to dab some Milk of Magnesia on my nose and cheeks. I wait a minute for it to dry, and then apply my makeup right over it. This really works. I used to have to blot my face every hour because it got so shiny, but now it hardly gets shiny at all.





Here is an article I wrote about this, which should provide more info: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article鈥?/a>





Also, here is some info from the author of the book I mentioned above: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.as鈥?/a>My skin gets shiny after I apply foundation and compact powder...What makeup would work best?
I just started using Bare Minerals i.d. by Bare Escentuals and I think it works fantastic. I have a little freckling and some uneven coloring and it makes my skin look natural and smooth with no shine.





I got the whole kit - two foundations, ';warmth'; which you can use as blush or to give more color, mineral veil - which you use to go over everything, and three brushes - application, full coverage and a concealer. The whole kit was only $60 and included a DVD to show you how to use it. This is a bargain since buying all that separately would be like $150.





I have tried Loreal Bare Natural but it looked chalky and I could feel it on my skin - it isn't pure minerals, but it is cheaper - like $12.





Here is a link for a makeup blog where they rated drugstore mineral makeups. It isn't a scientific study, but us gals know what looks good on us, right?





http://www.blog.makeupmoxie.com/2007/08/鈥?/a>





Good luck...My skin gets shiny after I apply foundation and compact powder...What makeup would work best?
Use mineral veil from Bare Escentuals. It absorbs oil, holds foundation down, and allows you to blot your shine away.
I use artistry makeup it works really well, it goes on flawlessly and light and stays all day without shine. I get mine from this site.. http://smccarthy1.qbeautyzone.com/ maybe it will work for you too, good luck!
make sure youre using oil free products that say ';matte finish';. if it says ';dewey or luminizing'; chances are that it will give you a shiny finish. if you like the actual make up itself then continue to use it but buy an additional product to combat shinyness like a mattifying gel or blotting papers...i have oily skin and hate shine so i use';BARE NATURALE'; by L'oreal...it works WONDERFULLY!
try cover girl...they're amazing
TRUST ME!! bare essentials is the most amazing makeup ever....it covers everything up...makes your skin look natural and it has so many different eye shadows blushes, etc.....GOOD LUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment